About Me

My photo
I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph. -Leon Levinstein

Friday, June 17, 2011

Wish You Were Here

At The Zoo!

A little girl plays with the goats in the petting zoo

After an exhausting long walk (according to a sign 5 km or about 3 miles) through Stromovka Park, we arrived to Praha Zoo, which according to Forbes magazine is one of the best zoos in the world. And indeed it was one of the best zoos I have been to. I have been to the Dallas Zoo and the Ft. Worth Zoo and they both lack one thing that Prague Zoo has, which is a feeling of intimacy with animals and a more natural setting throughout the whole zoo. It might be because Prague already has great enormous parks here and because the Czech people know a thing or two about appreciating nature. The Prague Zoo was founded in 1931 and it's goal was to "advance the study of zoology, protect wildlife, and educate the public." I really like this zoo because I felt that the animals here were easier to see and you could even hang out with lemurs in their habitat. One of my favorite parts was seeing how much fun children were having here. There were playgrounds here and even a small swimming pool, where many children ran amuck naked, and not to mention children love animals. I would love to bring my nephew here. I also saw many dogs here naturally, since Czech love their dogs, and it was funny to see that dogs had an entrance fee of 20 crowns (about a dollar). I really love animals and I thought this zoo did a good job at making their animals happy and healthy. Not to mention it was a good deal for such a big zoo at only 100 crowns, which is about five dollars.

A tiger resting in it's cage

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog:

I am a student at the University of Texan at Austin studying abroad and am documenting life in Prague, Czech Republic through photography. Each day I blog about one of the nine assigned categories Morning Glory, Weekend Miser, The Nocturnalist, Wish You Were Here, Small Wonder, Noticed, Around Here, Facts of Life, and Angels in the Architecture. I hope to learn about another culture and learn important lessons in photography with this experience.

Followers