About Me

My photo
I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph. -Leon Levinstein

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Miser

Flea Market

A little girl perusing the toys at the Flea Market

What better way to spend a lazy Sunday other than going to the local flea market? Yesterday me and some of my classmates went to one of Prague’s largest ones to see what deals we could get on unique items. Needless to say, everything here was dirt-cheap. There was an array of items sold here from antiques, to knives, to bottles of “Coffee Cola,” whatever that is. One item that stood out to me was a pin with a swastika on it. I don’t think you can get that kind of antique in the United States. This flea market is located right next to the metro (the subway) and is easy to get to.

I felt like I was transported to Trader’s Village, which is a flea market in Dallas, Texas when I got there. They both sell a lot of random stuff and feature unhealthy fried foods. Instead of a funnel cake, which I would usually get at Trader’s Village, Rachel, one of my classmates ordered a fried pancake-type thing, which tasted like eggs, sausage, and vegetables. We did not know what we were eating because everything here is in Czech since it is not a very touristy attraction. It can be very hard not knowing Czech sometimes because not being able to communicate with someone is very frustrating. I enjoyed coming here to see all the unique things they sold and go somewhere where only locals seem to go.

Artwork on Display at the Flea Market

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog:

I am a student at the University of Texan at Austin studying abroad and am documenting life in Prague, Czech Republic through photography. Each day I blog about one of the nine assigned categories Morning Glory, Weekend Miser, The Nocturnalist, Wish You Were Here, Small Wonder, Noticed, Around Here, Facts of Life, and Angels in the Architecture. I hope to learn about another culture and learn important lessons in photography with this experience.

Followers