About Me

My photo
I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph. -Leon Levinstein

Monday, June 13, 2011

Small Wonder

We're all just ordinary people

Three women enjoy their day sitting on a bench

Visiting the Hluboka Castle on the last day of our weekend excursion was amazing, and the wooden décor inside was beautiful. However it was difficult to get pictures since photography was not allowed inside. We also visited a photo museum that was in the middle of nowhere in a small town on our way to Prague. What caught my attention the most on this trip to see these two things was seeing ordinary people going about their ordinary life around these small towns. I love seeing how people interact and how they spend their days of leisure. Pictured above are three older ladies sitting on a bench outside of a store. I thought this moment was a great moment to capture since they just sat there for what was probably hours, waiting for time to pass and maybe people watching. The next picture is a man and his daughter strolling about next to a fountain. As a child I loved climbing on top of things and I just thought the juxtaposition of this little girl and a scraggly old man was a good moment to capture as well. Sometimes it’s the little things walking around the city that make the best pictures.

A man and his daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog:

I am a student at the University of Texan at Austin studying abroad and am documenting life in Prague, Czech Republic through photography. Each day I blog about one of the nine assigned categories Morning Glory, Weekend Miser, The Nocturnalist, Wish You Were Here, Small Wonder, Noticed, Around Here, Facts of Life, and Angels in the Architecture. I hope to learn about another culture and learn important lessons in photography with this experience.

Followers