About Me

My photo
I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph. -Leon Levinstein

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Morning Glory

One More Cup of Coffee

A cup of coffee beans inside of a coffee shop

Reading the course materials for this class I saw that Czechs regularly drink tea or coffee for breakfast, but when I came here, besides being disappointed with Czech cuisine, I was disappointed with it’s coffee. Back home, I’m used to drinking a big black cup of coffee every morning, and without it I’m just not the same person in the morning. So when I first went to a coffee shop here I was little upset that there was no such thing as “regular” coffee, only espresso, lattes and mochas were on the menu. Closer in the center of the city there are a few Starbucks, which seems like the only place where I can get an American coffee, but near my apartment there is a place called CafĂ© Fresh, and the people who work there don’t speak English so I wouldn’t even know how to order a black coffee. I’ve gotten accustomed to their foamy lattes just because there’s nothing I can do about it. I miss being able to grab a coffee on the go and one of the things I am excited about when I go home is being able to have my coffee. I think the Czech Republic is more into their beer than their coffee, and here bars and pubs are more of the Czech style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog:

I am a student at the University of Texan at Austin studying abroad and am documenting life in Prague, Czech Republic through photography. Each day I blog about one of the nine assigned categories Morning Glory, Weekend Miser, The Nocturnalist, Wish You Were Here, Small Wonder, Noticed, Around Here, Facts of Life, and Angels in the Architecture. I hope to learn about another culture and learn important lessons in photography with this experience.

Followers