About Me

My photo
I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph. -Leon Levinstein

Monday, May 30, 2011

Facts of Life

Parks and Recreation

Sunshine seeps through the trees at Letná Park

Walking through a hilly wooded area to get to Letná Park is no picnic, but the views once you reach the top are spectacular. Letná Park is a large park built on a plateau next to the Vltava river and it has commanding views of Old Town Prague. Letná Park was also home to the largest statue of Stalin at one point, but it was torn down in 1962. Part of me was jealous that people living here got to enjoy the beautiful scenery of nature while at the same time having the amazing panorama of Prague all the time. The weather has been seemingly perfect the past few days with sunshine and highs of 80s, and there is no better way to spend these days than strolling through one of the many parks Prague has to offer. Many people here think so as well. Couples were canoodling, kids were riding their tricycles, groups of friends were laughing and drinking, while other people were practicing sports such as skateboarding (there is a makeshift skateboard park made out of granite benches), martial arts, or some form of cricket, and of course I saw about 50 dogs being walked while I was here. I really love the parks that Prague has to offer because they are enormous, never-ending and have gorgeous gardens. The natural relief from the city causes people to relax and makes it easy to enjoy summer days, I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog:

I am a student at the University of Texan at Austin studying abroad and am documenting life in Prague, Czech Republic through photography. Each day I blog about one of the nine assigned categories Morning Glory, Weekend Miser, The Nocturnalist, Wish You Were Here, Small Wonder, Noticed, Around Here, Facts of Life, and Angels in the Architecture. I hope to learn about another culture and learn important lessons in photography with this experience.

Followers